Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Exhibit Project

This was our second Photoshop project and it was a freeform project

For an exhibit project, we had to take 9 pictures from the web of any singular theme across time and utilize whatever we have to create a poster for an imaginary exhibit.
My theme, obviously, was automobiles.

I used the polygonal lasso tool to create the grey borders. Grey because it reminded me of roads and I thought it would be interesting to incorporate that in there.
I cropped each photo differently, emphasizing a difference between the old and the new. I realized soon that adding a small border in each of them would be best so I used that to my advantage.
The headline had to stand out so I used the outer glow effect on it. Notice that I used green and red as well as yellow of the sub-headliner on the top left, further emphasizing an automobile theme.
The essay was hard to incorporate into border but I found a way to fix it eventually.

And that's basically it. I personally think this stands out like a sore thumb, not in a good way too, since the pictures were arranged in a strange manner. However, I was trying to experiment and I thought why not? If it's to stand out, I think it'd be better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment